Qsports Medicine Services
Medical services we will be offering include:
- The diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal conditions;
- The prescription of evidence based accelerated rehabilitation programs (as well as exercise prescription for common chronic diseases);
- High resolution U/S guided therapeutic injections around tendons and into joints (such as autologous blood and corticosteroid injections);
- Compartment pressure testing (M. Young);
- Corticosteroid iontophoresis;
- Prolotherapy (R. Brown);
- Low dose U/S to promote fracture healing;
- Simple fracture treatment (including waterproof plasters to allow early water based rehabilitation);
- An acute injury service for athletic injury, including a Monday afternoon/evening injury clinic
- Medical problems that relate to activity e.g. asthma, diabetes
- Celluar Therapies inluding:
Qsportsmedicine is very well supported by visiting sub-specialised Orthopaedic Surgeons
. These include knee, foot/ankle, hip, upper limb and shoulder surgical specialists, who have agreed to reserve a number of appointments at our clinic for our referred athletes and patients who are likely to require surgical treatment.
practices have also reserved priority imaging appointments, so that investigations e.g. X-Rays
can usually be arranged within 48 hours for our patients.
Our multi-disciplinary team also includes (click to read more):
We are developing a number of sports specific and multidisciplinary musculoskeletal clinics. We believe that our multidisciplinary team approach will lead to a better and faster return to health.
Our allied health consultants also accept referrals for EPC plans.